Friday, January 4, 2008

Been shopping...you surprised?? No...me either.

**After I finished writing this I realized it's really a jumble of my odd thoughts. These are noted in purple italics, feel free to ignore them.**

It's official. I don't fit into any of my normal clothing. Okay, that's not really true. I do fit, but not comfortably. (For anyone who is concerned or keeping count, I have only gained 6 pounds since getting pregnant...I'm actually two pounds below the plus size "norm" I think I'm doing pretty darn good considering the holidays!)

We went to the outlets yesterday because Jenn needed a new pair of jeans. Low and behold I found 4 pairs of crops (that better fit me after Blueberry comes...I bought a size bigger) for only $2.25 each!!! Wooo Hooo. But that doesn't help me now does it?

So Jenn drove us over to the other outlet mall (yes, we have two outlet malls within 1/2 mile of my work). I hoped she was going to take me to the Coach outlet to see if they had any good deals on my dream diaper bag. (I know, it's just a dream and I am seriously not crazy enough to spend $400 on a diaper bag like I did my favorite purse-which was only $287 thank you-, those days are over!). Nope...we stopped at Kay Jewelers to get ideas on how much a simple band will cost in case my fingers swell and my rings don't fit anymore (they were all very simple, fairly cheap and quite boring in my opinion...memo to fingers, please don't swell).

Just a few stores down to our amazement was a Motherhood Maternity outlet! I still didn't want to go in, why would they have anything that fits me?? But wow...a plus size section! While it was no larger than a small bathroom, it had clothes that fit me! I tried on a bunch (what a workout-and hilarious with the little fake belly they give you so you can see what you'll look like with a bigger belly) and ended up getting 4 pairs of pants and a shirt for less than $100.00--pretty good deal in my books!

When we got home I spent some time hunting down coupons for Lane Bryant and was able to get another pair of jeans, four bras, 5 pairs of undies and a top for $120.00.

I'm wearing a pair of the new pants I got yesterday right now...heaven. (Why didn't I give in to the maternity clothes sooner?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should treat yourself and get the $287.00 purse!


Sharon (also a big spender)