Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Post # 100.

Technically I am pregnant. I'm not too optimistic though. Here's the story:

  • Friday PM-Faint positive on a dollar store test
  • Saturday AM-Negative dollar store test
  • Saturday Afternoon-Faint positive on a dollar store test
  • Saturday Evening-Negative on a First Response Test
  • Sunday Morning-Faint positive on the First Response Test
  • Sunday Afternoon-Slightly darker positive on the First Response Test
  • Sunday Early Evening-Slightly darker positive on the First Response Test
  • Sunday Night-Slightly fainter positive on the First Response Test
  • Monday Morning-Slightly fainter positive on the First Response Test
  • Monday Evening-Slightly fainter positive on the First Response Test
  • Tuesday Morning-Slightly fainter positive on the First Response Test
  • Tuesday Morning Beta-58--Progesterone over 20
I am worried that this is a chemical pregnancy. For those unaware of what that is, it means the egg fertilized, but did not implant into my uterus.

I am trying to be cautiously optimistic. Anyone have any stories to share with similar happenings??

16 comments:

Merr said...

Wow! Good Luck!

tbean said...

No stories to share...but I will hold on to your cautious optimism. A positive beta is a great sign, no?

B said...

I have heard stories of betas lower than this where the women go on to have perfectly healthy babies. I'm just gonna say congratulations. A very kind, wise woman once told me that all babies deserve to be celebrated. We will celebrate yours!

Lizzie said...

Oh, wow. I hope it sticks!!

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of tests!

And I've heard many people say it's not the number of the beta that's important so much as the doubling time.

I hope you double in good time!

Kim aka Mommy said...

Holy cow! CONGRATS!

KatieM said...

Ack! I wondered where you went, and I come today and read this! I'm not sure what dpo you were when the beta was taken, but mine was only 66 at 12dpiui and all of my lines were super faint at that point.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you...Congrats!

Anonymous said...

YEA! And you made it for your
100th post! I am out here celebrating with you; like B. said, we need to celebrate all the pregnancies-- we need that. I'm sending you a big hug!

Jamie said...

I understand your cautious optimism. You will be in my thoughts!! Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I bet you didn't ace chemistry. You go girl.

Sharon

Mara said...

I'm sending you lots of luck that your beta numbers keep going up!

Anonymous said...

No stories to share, just another set of arms to swoop in for a hug when you need it - whether in celebration or something else entirely.

Good luck with everything.

E. Phantzi said...

Wow, what a roller coaster ride - wishing you both calm and GOOD NEWS!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm sending a lot of hope. When is the second beta?

battynurse said...

Sending lots of hope. I too have heard stories of betas like this going on to be healthy pregnancies. I hope yours will be one of them.

Lesley said...

My son's first beta came back at 38 so I wouldn't worry about the number; the doubling time is what matters, not the number. Also, you canNOT judge HCG by the darkness of a line on a HPT - check out the HPT FAQ on peeonastick.com. :)

Congratulations on your new bean!!