Sunday, February 8, 2009

Florida day one and two

Day .5

Friday afternoon Jenn picked me up at work and we headed to get Jenn's hair done, my nails done, and both sets of eyebrows waxed. We then stopped at Lyz's so Jenn could rinse the hair off and then....WE WERE ON THE ROAD!! We stopped at the first exit in Maryland to pick up Lyz's mom Joni and then drove straight through.

Day 1

We stopped at Burger King for a quick breakfast and were greeted by a flock of turkey vultures. If I've never told you before...Jenn likes to take pictures of birds. Our camera was packed, so the camera phone would have to do...

Upon arriving in Daytona Beach we stopped at Joni's mom's house and gibber jabbered for a bit, then headed to the beach. Ahhhhh the beach. I love the beach...even though my face doesn't show it

Jenn started taking pictures of birds:

And then my skin started turning that loverly shade of red that I love so much. Lyz had made be promise before we left that I wouldn't get too burnt before she got there, so I covered myself up.

After a few hours Jenn was exhausted so we headed to our hotel for a nap, and then did our grocery shopping and stopped for Slurpees and Taco Bell for dinner. We slept quite well through the night

Day 2

and woke up happy and refreshed in the morning. I actually woke up before Jenn and putzed around the room for awhile.

We had breakfast, packed up the beach bag and headed back to the beach to join Joni and Frannie (Lyz's grandma). We had some great talks. I learned that Frannie's first son (she had 11 children) died when he was 8 1/2 months old. We talked about Bernie, her husband who passed away in November. We had only met him a few times, but we shared our good stories about him too.

Joni had brought an old peanut butter and jelly sandwich so that Jenn could feed the birds. She had fun feeding them from her hand, and from the top of her head. Yes, Jenn put a piece of sandwich on her head to feed the birds. he he he.
This would have been the most awesome picture...if only I had got Jenn in it.

But here are a few that are pretty cute:

It got pretty chilly and we all realized that we were all wearing sweatshirts and walking around to keep warm so we left the beach. We headed back to the hotel and changed to go out to dinner. I was so excited to wear new clothes. I have tons of crops and skirts and shorts, but very few shirts. Lyz had told me last week that Tara told her that Old Navy was having a deal where all their clearance was half off...dude awesome, THANK YOU TARA!!! I bought 6 shirts and a dress for $37.00. Amazing.

Here I am in one of my new shirts. I realize I never take enough pictures of you are going to see a lot of me this trip!

Here is a close-up so that you can see my pink hair. (don't worry's fake)

Now I am sitting in my comfy recliner blogging, getting Mingo Monday ready to go, and happy. Soooo sooo happy.

Oh...funny story today. Jenn put her contacts in (she normally wears glasses, but Florida brings out the sunglasses for her). She's whining that they don't feel right. They are all weird. But I wanna wear them. Whine.

10 minutes later I hear "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". She put the wrong contacts in the wrong eyes. Silly girl.


Heather said...

I'm so jealous, jealous, jealous! Don't be getting any redder!

Mrs. Spit said...

Yikes. That's some sun.

Glad you are having such a great time. It's cold and miserable here.

Tara said...

Awwwwwwww!! I'm beyond jealous. Sounds like you guys are all having a wonderful time. You're very welcome for the Old Navy info. I love a good bargain, and love to pass it along!!