Sunday, March 1, 2009

Delaney's Baptism


Jenn and I aren't religious. We were both raised LDS (you might know it better as Mormon), but I honestly cannot remember the last time we went to church on a Sunday. Not in this century I believe.

That changed today. We went to St. Leo's here in Lancaster to watch Delaney get baptized. This was the first Catholic baptism I have been to. I have been to several Catholic masses so I know most of the stand ups, sit downs, and answers. But during Delaney's baptism they had different ones, thankfully I wasn't the only clueless one. The priest (who resembled Apu Nahasapeemapetilon from the Simpsons) asked the congregation if we all shunned Satan and his evil ways...and no one said anything. You could hear crickets. Then a few giggles and Father Raja started again. The correct answer is "We do" in case you ever find yourself in such a situation.

The gown was beautiful. Of course it is, Joni made it! Lyz, her two older sisters, most of Delaney's cousins and Avery all wore it before Delaney.

Here is the happy, beautiful, family:

And my three favorite pictures:
1-Delaney wondering what this is all about:

2-Avery wanted to stand with her momma, but didn't want to be in the pictures, a difficult dilemma for a 3 year old:

3-Apparently my irreverence was high today. There was another little girl being baptized at the same time and I could not stop staring at her Godmothers leg. I am evil in admitting this, but she had a huge spider vein and was practically highlighting it in the part of skin she was showing between her boot and her skirt. It was like screaming "LOOK AT ME". (I will now be cursed with a million spider veins.)


I have been sworn not to talk about the party for Delaney after the baptism. But maybe some day I will be really drunk, and blogging, and the story will come out. hehehehehehehehehe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

avery and delaney look so cute!

sounds like an hysterical moment when the priest paused for an answer and no one responded, i love it! :D

Anonymous said...

what if I talk about it lol....
L

B said...

I WANT TO HEAR THAT STORY!!!!

Jamie said...

What beautiful little girls! You are a great photographer.

Oh, except for the spider vein one. I could have lived without that one!!

Anonymous said...

B- have they told you yet???
LOL

L