Wednesday, November 21, 2007

9 weeks 6 days-11/21/2007

The other day my friend Lyz called to see if I was maternity clothes shopping yet. She knows I have a bit of superstitious mind and wasn't going to buy any maternity clothes until the last possible moment. I said not yet, but I'm getting there, why? She was at one of her favorite consignment shops and they had a whole lot of plus size maternity clothes. I didn't think much of it, because if you know me at all I'm a little stuck up and consignment just isn't my thing. Sales are more my style.

I should also mention that I freak out at least twice a week about money. Jenn has sat through many of my fits as I go over the budget and reminds me that we just did this two days ago and we are going to be just fine. It's just me. I have a fear of poor what can I say.

So I mention to Jenn what Lyz had said, and I have never seen anyone so excited in my life. I was reminded about how much I like to freak out about money, so why don't I do something to save some. I had to call Lyz back to get directions and hours for this consignment shop and we went to visit last night.

Some other plus size woman must have already been there because it was slim pickings, but all in all everything there was very nice. I got three nice, name brand shirts for $15.00 and I know they would have cost me at least $30.00 each in the stores!

And I had no idea what consignment shopping really was. You take your old unwanted stuff there and they sell it for you-then PAY YOU. I shall be scouring my closets if you need me.

No comments: