Monday, December 17, 2007

NBR-Not Baby Related

My friend Estee posted this survey on her blog, and I liked it...so I'm doing it here. I'd love you to comment your answers, if like me you are stuck at work, bored, and the phone hasn't rung in two hours.


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hand's down hot chocolate, with lots of marshmallow swimming around. Although I'd really rather have a cup of tea.

2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps. What fun is a present just sitting there? I would much rather see the look of delight, and honestly hear the sounds of frantically ripping Christmas paper. Oh, and I have a wrapping paper collection of 26 rolls, I counted them yesterday. I am not allowed to buy more, until I use some up.

3. Colored or white lights? I prefer white lights, Jenn prefers colored. Our tree is colored (and blinking Estee), but the lights outside are white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I used to, but it seems to have disappeared from my Christmas decorations box...

5. When do you put your decorations up? Normally the Monday before Thanksgiving, and then the tree gets decorated Thanksgiving night...that didn't work this year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Sausage and Biscuits on Christmas morning!!!!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I'm going to stick with the night that my parents played a tape of their friend saying HO HO HO Merry Christmas. They woke me up and we stood at the bottom of the staircase listening to him. I remember being totally excited, and I remember the excitement on my parents face, which I thought then was for Santa, but realize now that it was from watching me...I can't wait to feel that excitement too!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 9/10/11? and my mom asked me to go get her something out of her purse. Also in her purse was the packages that the gum and chap sticks from our stockings. That was a dead giveaway.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, new pajamas are always opened on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With many tacky ornaments that I keep in a separate box from the normal ones so that Jenn doesn't hide their ugliness in the back of the tree.

12. Can you ice skate? No, I have my mothers weak ankles, or at least that is my excuse!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? This adorable penguin/kiwi bird stuffed animal named Floppy, that was immediately destroyed by our dog.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The spirit of giving...gifts, time, money, food...this is what I want Blueberry to learn, the spirit behind Santa Claus.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Yum-Yums, and I normally HATE peanut butter.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? see question #6-I can't wait for the Master (my dad) to make it for me this year!

17. What is on top of your tree? A rusty white angel, totally not my style, but I haven't found a replacement for her yet.

18. What's your favorite traditional Christmas Carol? Oh Holy Night, again, can't wait to hear my father sing it.

19. What is your favorite contemporary Christmas Song? I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.

20. Do you like candy canes? Ick. I get tacky Christmas ornaments, Jenn must cover the tree in candy canes.

No comments: