Friday, May 30, 2008

Yard Sales: Another Thing That I Thought Would Be Easy...

Seriously? Yard sales are hard work. There are now 12 tables of crap loaded in my friend Lyz's garage. When we started organizing stuff we thought "This won't take long". We were soooo very wrong. There are also countless numbers of boxes to set on the edges of the driveway with signs "Everything in this box $.25" etc. Two boxes of shoes that need to be matched up and laid on a blanket at the edge of the driveway. Tons of furniture to line the edges with, and all those tables need to be organized into the driveway to.

Only one problem. They are now calling for thunderstorms tomorrow. Grrrr. Lots of thunderstorms. I took off this weekend to do this yard sale. I should learn that if I take a weekend off the weather where ever I may plan to be will be crappy.

Hours and hours were spent planning this yard sale. Much shopping at Costco and the yummy pretzel place was done so that we can also sell food at the yard sale. If it rains tomorrow I will be the one in the front yard throwing a major hissy fit and yelling at the clouds.

But you know what is fun?? Lots of other people brought their junk over so that we could sell it for them. I love looking at other peoples junk. Lyz and I were bartering junk last night. I'll trade you one SpongBob fishtank, a box of stamps and a fake kate spade purse for that loverly bookshelf.

Jenn is convinced that we will leave the yard sale tomorrow with a small lemon shaped candle holder that I pulled out of a box with a $.5 sticker on it squealing "Awwwww how sweet". Yes, it's cute. But just to spite her I'm leaving it there.

6 comments:

B said...

Better you than me working that garage sale chica. I would literally die if I had to do that.

alicia said...

ohh I hope it dosen't rain on you!! Good luck this weekend!

Here from NaComLeavMo

Anonymous said...

I love yard sales (here in Massachusetts everyone calls them 'tag sales). I wish I could come to yours! And I LOVE your new header!

Queenie. . . said...

I had one last summer, and thought the same thing! But I was psyched to have all that cash at the end.

I love the header. Calliope sure is creative! The plastic flamingo holding the baby is a riot.

Jamie said...

My husband has forbade me to have any more yard sales. The money is great and it is nice to do some spring cleaning, but I always get so frustrated!! Then, at the peak of my frustration, I try to get Hubby to help me and he says, "Nope. You did this to yourself." Then I get even MORE frustrated.

Then, in a couple of years I forget how frustrated I get and we start all over!

Anonymous said...

Darn! I typed a whole long comment re: yard sales but it got eaten. Well, I hope you don't get rained out. And thanks for commenting on my blog!