Thursday, December 27, 2007

15 weeks-12/27/2007-Catching Up

12/23/07
Dad made us a yummy lunch and then we headed over to my Aunt Kari's house to celebrate Christmas with Aunt Kari, Uncle David, and their new baby Will. She also had my Uncle Kevin, Aunt Bridget and their awesome kids-Kevin Jr., Alex, Monica, Blaise, Regina, Dominic and Maria. Those kids are so well behaved and polite!! Jenn immediately fell in love with Dominic!

I got to hold Will for a very long time, and besides learning that he is the cutest baby in the entire world, I've learned that I need to start doing arm exercises!!

After Kevin and Bridget and their kids left Kari gave me two big bags of diapers and clothes that Will has grown out of, and a really neat travel sleeper. I am so excited that someday Blueberry will be able to wear clothes that so many 2nd cousins of his has worn! It is also very neat to me to have a family where the cousins range in age from 30 to 2 months. When I was growing up there were only a few of us!

12/24/07
Got up and headed to Ikea with Mom, Marshall and Kari. We looked at cribs and baby furniture and Kari was a wealth of knowledge. She even taught us how to use salad spinners as art projects. Jenn told me when we got home that she listened to every world Kari said and soaked it all up!

Went to dinner with Mom, Dad and Marshall at Texas Roadhouse...but had even more fun going home. It has always been a tradition to see Christmas Lights on Christmas Eve. Jenn and I shared our tradition of searching for stars on peoples houses like you used to do with punch buggies as kids...this turned into a laugh fest. Someone would scream "Star!!", my Mom would scream "Tree!!" Jenn would snort, and I'd yell I have to pee! (picture Marshall, Jenn and I smooshed in the back seat of a sedan). The five of us fought over who would get to go to the bathroom first when we got back to the house! "STAR!!! TREE!!! SNORT!!! I HAVE TO PEE!!!"

12/25/07
Met at Mom and Dad's for present unwrapping. Got lots of goodies!! Then my favorite part of Christmas, my Dad made Sausage and Gravy for breakfast. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Kari, David and Will came over for that, and we played Rummy after breakfast.

Went back to the hotel to take a nap and then came back for dinner. I don't eat turkey in case you haven't been paying attention to my blog, but everything else was very yummy.

Visited for quite a while and then my Dad had to go to bed since he had to work at 5:30am. After he went to bed Jenn and I went back to the hotel to get her a good nights sleep before the trip home.

12/26/07
Met Mom at "Farmer Jacks Kroger" to purchase some penguins (which became the theme song of our trip home) and then went shopping at Targets and Michaels and World Market (cool store!) and Marshall bought us lunch at a Coney place (introduced Jenn to OPA!). Went back to the house for more goodbyes and hit the road.

Left at 11:45am and got home at 8:45pm (after stopping for pizza).

We had a wonderful trip. It felt great to spend Christmas with my family after so many years away. Blueberry did well-we did get the Doppler finally and were able to hear his little heartbeat thumping away-we think we even heard him hiccuping!

Blueberry's first road trip and Christmas were a hit...I hope yours was just as wonderful and warm!

No comments: