Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Always late

Something else you may not know about me. I am ALWAYS late. It doesn't matter how hard I try to be on time. It doesn't matter if I leave my house an hour early to get somewhere that should only take 10 minutes. I am always late.

(Yes, I realize I promised ya'll a loverly long post about my obsessive behavior...it'll wait)

Yesterday was Honeydew's due date. And I was late. I forgot. I didn't think about it until 8:30pm past night.

I'm sorry Honeydew. You deserve better than that. We miss you. We really do. I'm sorry that your short life was overshadowed by your big brother. I hope that the two of you are having fun together in heaven.

I'm sorry I forgot. Don't let that make you believe I have forgotten about you. I haven't, we never will. You are in our thoughts all the time. I just forgot that I had a whole day set aside to mourn you more.

Your mommies love you.

12 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

I think Honeydew knows this, and knows how much he is missed.

N said...

A said...

Honeydew knows. I'm so sorry for your loss.

IrishNYC said...

Honeydew knows how much you love him. He always will.

Anonymous said...

Honeydew feels your love every minute of every day.

You and Honeydew are in my thoughts.

{hugs}

B said...

Sometimes it's hard to remember specific dates, because we remember all of the time. It's constantly there. I'm sure you remembered as soon as you woke up that morning..maybe not that it was the due date,but you remembered that they werent here.

jenn said...

we do miss you honeydew. Hopefully in 2009 we can hold and love your little sister or brother.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking of you guys...Beth

Jamie said...

Honeydew is in your heart and knows your love and is missed every day.

Much love to you . . .

Rachel said...

Your babies know you love them every day. Please don't be so hard on yourself. I like to think my angels are with my grandma up in heaven, eating her homemade angelfood cake and being spoiled rotten. Sounds weird, but it helps.
Hope 2009 brings a baby for your arms to hold.

Theresa said...

My thoughts are with you. Here is to 2009 being the year you can hold your little one in your arms as well as your heart.

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you lots of love.