Friday, May 23, 2008

Eureka!

So last night it hits me....maybe there isn't anything wrong with me. Maybe, there is something wrong with good ole Mr. 3086??? (yes, I may be grasping at straws here to find something wrong, anything wrong that could possibly be fixed.)

So Jenn and I poured over donor profiles. We found Mr. Perfect. A+ like Jenn (which is really our one and only requirement, tall, not too skinny, RED curly hair (now tell me that wouldn't make an adorable baby...and my hair has lots of red in it, two reds can't make a wrong!!) He is in school to be a vet (something Jenn loves) and when asked his favorite childhood memory--Meeting Dan Marino--a sports fan! That ought to somewhat combat my horrible doplicness.

But...I forgot to click one button when I did the search. He is CMV Positive...I am CMV negative. Sigh. So much for Mr. Perfect. (And seriously, I am being punished for not having slept around in my youth, there is something so very wrong about that.)

We have found a replacement for Mr. Perfect, he may not have cute curly red hair, but he's got swimmers and that is really all we need right?

Jenn called the Fertility Center this morning, just to verify that me being CMV negative means that so does our swimmer man. Yes, they would reallly realllllly recommend it. Then Jenn asked Michelle her real true opinion on what is going on. Michelle is very happy that nothing is wrong with me, while yes it make it really sucky that there is nothing to blame, it means that nothing is wrong with me. The likelihood of these two other tests coming back bad is less than 2%. She is very VERY happy that we have decided to change donors. Which to me is a good sign.

I now have a dr's appointment at the family practice (Stabler is of course out of town when I really need her) because the medicine that I have been taking for my migraines is a D class drug. Um, hello??? People who are trying to get and stay pregnant should not be taking D class drugs. Grrr. So we go in Wednesday morning to see what they can switch me to. I tried to ween myself off of it last week, and that didn't go over too well. So I admit defeat and will go to the doctor. I went into Rodney's office, batted my eyes....what day/time and in York or Lancaster was his response. He's the bestest I'm telling you, the absolute bestest. No wait, Jenn is.

7 comments:

tbean said...

So glad you are dropping your deadbeat donor and going for a new guy. And while I'm sure it sucks not to have an answer for your prior losses, it is good to think that there is nothing wrong with you or your ability to create a healthy baby. I hope this is the end of the road for you and the next try is your last until motherhood.

Chris said...

Wow!!! I hope this makes all the difference in the world for you.

B said...

You know, you could definitely be on to something. I'm glad you're switching it up a bit. I think we might do so next time as well. We know of one other person besides us who used our donor and had a miscarriage..that's all we need to know. Batted your eyelashes huh? Good thing I already won that argument, because you just gave me ammunition.

Jamie said...

That is an EXCELLENT idea!! Doesn't it feel great to have a plan?!?!

Betseeee said...

I fervently hope this is a case where we can put all the blame on some stupid guy!

Mimi said...

CMV negative....hummm what does that mean? I must be stupid but not really sure what that mean?

j.k-c. said...

I'm a big believer in switching up the donor!